Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

My daughter checked out a used car 2007 Camry $5,500 at

Customer Question
Carriage kia browns bridge rd...
my daughter checked out a used car 2007 Camry $5,500 at Carriage kia browns bridge rd gainesville ga.They did not have the car and proceeded to sell her a 2016 kia forte straighshift bright red.She called me several times and after 6 hours the salesman told her she could sign my name and drive it home which she did I hated the car and called them to take it back they said no it was a done deal. After I call corperate office they decided to exchange for a different color. Still didnt like it but I would get the Soul same price. well while I was working with the saleslady they sent a paper for me to sign $15,546. so I signed it.They left me with the saleslady with 2 weeks experience and I ask was the red car cleared and the said wiped off which to me was settled. I felt good that I was getting the Soul which I liked. Thet sent me back to computer room and ask me to sign papers.No one told me the soul was not going to be more than 15,546.the computer was under the glass table where I signed 15 pages. never saw a paper except the one he wanted me to sign for 15,546 he gave me a thing to make copies from my computer at home.2 days later when I finally figured how to print it I almost vomited total amount financed 21,694. 13,000 tradein of red car and cash difference 4,785 chgd for me to pay on new contract payments 369.15 for 75 months done deal I have called and went down there to ask about why did they do this after they said red car was cleared. atfer waiting for 1 hour a guy named Mike would not explain any thing and slapped the desk a few times and said done deal .chuck was the salesman would not explain any thing or answer the phone when I called several times.Im 85 and never been treated like this ever
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
7/28/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Maverick, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. (Here) is my profile. Please give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry this has happened to you. These people appear to have no morals at all. This appears to be a case of fraudulent inducement to get you to sign off on the new Soul contract. Here is a GA case that explains this concept. You can threaten to file a complaint here if they do not want to work this out with you. Also, if they will not work this out with you, you best bet is to find a Fair Business Practices Act attorney who should be willing to take your case because he can collect his fees from the dealer if he wins.

In GA, the private remedies for individuals injured or damaged by an unfair or deceptive act or practice include: (a) equitable injunctive relief; (b) general damages sustained as a consequence of the violation; (c) reasonable attorney fees and expenses of litigation, if the defendant does not make a reasonable offer of settlement within 30 days after receipt of a written demand for relief by certified mail. If a violation was intentional, additional remedies may also include both exemplary damages and treble damages (three times actual damages).

This link may help you get started in finding a lawyer.

Note: Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours. If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me. Thank you.
Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer