How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 33372
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I took my Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 2004 into Landmark

Customer Question

I took my Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 2004 into Landmark Dodge for a airbag recall and they cracked my manifold while replacing the recall airbag system. They cannot replace it. Because of the age of my Jeep.what legal recourse do I have as far as the dealership reimbursing me for not being able to find a manifold for a 2004 Jeep that was perfect working condition when I took it to them. I've been without a car for 3 days I've received no call from management only a sales representative who keeps giving me the run-around that they're trying to find someone to repair it since they can't get a new one and I don't want that
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The dealership is required to replace the manifold with one in a like shape and condition. In other words, the law doesn't require that they replace a 2004 manifold with a brand new one, although that is often done because you can't find a used one that you know is in good shape.

The best thing to do is to go to a shop that does the type of mechanical work you want done and get a price on it and then make a demand on them for that price. You should strongly consider having the lawyer write the demand letter since that increases your chances dramatically.

You're also entitled to sue for your loss of use or if you rent a car, the value of the rental for the time it takes to repair the car.

You can find a lawyer to assist you by going to and in the section for Area of Practice enter Civil Litigation or Consumer Law. Either of those will have the skill set you need.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Very good!
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

Best wishes to you on this.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions