Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I just found out they are garnishing my wages. my work sent

Customer Question

Hi, I just found out they are garnishing my wages. my work sent said they sent me a copy of a judgement back in 2010. so 6 years later they are taking my money. I called the debt collector and they said they received it in 2009. we lost our home around 2010. I never received anything by mail, or in person. I asked them if they have my original agreement and information about my acct. they have only the acct number and name of bank. can I fight this, it has been in a couple debt collecters hands. thanks, Desiree
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did you ever have an account with the judgment creditor?

What is the amount of the judgment?