How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 117442
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


This answer was rated:

When released from prison he was originally restricted from being within 2000 feet from any schools and then in 2015 a new law was passed that stated that if his crime did not involve anyone under the age of 14 then that restrictions would be lifted and at the same his parole offficer at that timerevised a few other restrictions which involved him being around anyone under 18 the restriction was revised to only anyone from the ages between 14 to 18 which excluded his biological or adopted children and now his new parole officer has a obvious problem with my dad for reasons we do not know except that my dad complained to his supervisor and since he complained his parole officer has had it out for him and went as far as changing the revised restrictions that were put in place by his previous parole officer that he was only restricted from anyone between 14 t 18 back to anyone under 18 to stop him from visiting his grandchildren at my house can the new parole officer just change my dads restrictions to satisfy his own twisted rules to further punish my dad for talking to his supervisoer
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, the parole officers have a ton of power and control over the defendants they supervise. The parole officer can modify restrictions at any time. However, if there is no good cause for revising the restrictions, your father's sole recourse is not complaining to the supervisor but to file a motion in court to waive those restrictions on your father based on the nature of the case against him AND the court can even grant your father special permission to see his grandchildren even with the restriction. That is the best way to deal with an obnoxious parole officer.
Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you