How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 2183
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dispute with general contractor middle of remodeling in my

Customer Question

dispute with general contractor middle of remodeling in my house. i have already paid them significant amount money but they want more payment. there are so much problem with works it needs to be address. I want dispute 7999 dolar of my credit card charge and end the contract. I heard they have not paid the cabinet supplier only half wihci makes me worry about mechanic lien on my house. All the mistake they made so far which all proven bad ones. I do not want to get involed with mechanic lien nor my contractor come after me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. These types of disputes with contractors are very common. At this point I would suggest filing a lawsuit against him for the damages he has called and also ask the court for an injunction preventing him from filing any sort of lien on the property.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.