How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 56523
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Bought a car from my uncle made the payoff to $20,000 bank

Customer Question

bought a car from my uncle made the payoff to $20,000 bank or uncle didn,t tell
there was alien for $20,000 from a credit card company I have the car how do I
get clear title and get it registed this is in broward county fl
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 12 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Is this a lien on the title of the car or a judgment lien on your uncle personally?

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 12 months ago.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 12 months ago.
You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 12 months ago.
Title can be obtained as well through dmv and if needed civil lawsuit seeking clear title

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions