How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 34421
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Tina my insurance company is giving me the run around that

Customer Question

Hi tina my insurance company is giving me the run around that they are not responsible for replacing my transmission on my car that 14000 miles and i have full coverage even though the dealers told them that the accident when i drove my car on the curb caused it. The insurance company want to fix around the transmission but dont want to fix the car.what are my opinion im exhausted
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

All policies contain a provision with instruction to appeal a denial of claim. Follow the instructions to the letter. Missing a deadline or sending the wrong notice may prejudice your right to appeal. The appeal will kick up the review to the next level.

If the appeal is denied you can sue the insurance company. If you can prove that they are acting in bad faith then you may be awarded punitive damages and attorney fees.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are both insurance company and dealer are fighting as to who is to fix my car that have full warranty and has full coverage..i need help and fast
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

The warranty would not cover a casualty loss. So, you will need to decide if it is a warranty issue or a casualty loss.

If it is a casualty loss then you need to appeal the denial in accordance with terms of the policy.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Justin that's my problem i speak medicine i need professional help at this point understanding automobile.i need a lawyer..can you recommend some one in the maryland area for a trauma nurse i help people for a living actually sabe can an insurance company fix around a obvious problem when i pay my money every month..i need legal help asap
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for following up with me. It is easy to get lost in all the appeal procedures in the policy. So, local counsel is a good idea.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys) . Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Good luck. I hope it works out ok for you.