Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience
16823287

I have court this morning in wake county and currently stuck

Customer Question

I have court this morning in wake county and currently stuck in Wilson co due to car issue I have no way of getting to court and I'm scared I don't know what to do
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: North Carolina and its a 2002 Avalon I got a ticket for speeding and driving with suspended
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I was never appointed a lawyer and I doubt I can afford one
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No ma'am
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers. [Proof that you are in good hands].

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

ANSWER: Take a look at the paper work you have and see if you can identify which court number/district the case is in and/or who is the judge. Then call into to that court and ask to speak with the court coordinator and let him/her know as soon as the court opens of what has happened. You will also need to contact the attorneys on the other side if you have their phone numbers on that paper work. Once you get the car issues resolved call back and ask them to assign a new court date.