How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 56482
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I called a HVAC company to install a mini split. Technician

Customer Question

I called a HVAC company to install a mini split. Technician came out and said he could do it cheaper on his own. This was Oct. 2015. We signed contract for one year labor and parts. It has never worked. He has come out more than 5 times and now he won't answer his phone or text. I am sending certified letter to his address addressing the issue and explain he needs to fix it. What else should I say in letter and at what point can I have someone else fix it and have him pay for it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You may immediately demand a full refund or seek to have company cover all out of pocket costs you incur in having it fixed. They are in material breach. You need not wait any further. You may give them a deadline and demand they cover all such costs or you will pursue a complaint with the BBB, attorney general office and dept of consumer affairs.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly rate me good or excellent.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 12 months ago.

thank you in advance.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions