How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 19333
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been paying 517.00 dollars month a year. My farther

Customer Question

I have been paying 517.00 dollars month for about a year. My farther passed away in February after me taking care of him for 11 years and now I do not have the extra in come to afford my vehicle and need to return .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Did you ask the dealership while you were there to take the car back?

If so, what did the dealership say to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they told me to try a credit union and my car was only worth 13.000 and I still owe 20.000 and would have to put 10.000 down to get into a cheaper car .
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information.

Your only other option would be to contact the lender's collection department and ask for a supervisor. Once you get the supervisor, tell the supervisor that you can no longer afford the car and you want to voluntarily turn the car in--that you want the lender to send someone to come and take the car back. If the lender refuses your offer, then you should just stop paying for the car, but keep driving it until the lender repossesses it. You have done what you could have done at that point.

Best wishes,

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions