How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 19470
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need foreclosure prevention help please help.

Customer Question

I need foreclosure prevention help please help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Could you explain a little more?

What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to save my home from foreclosure before the sale date in LI court
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You requested for a phone call, but your payment failed.

Do you want to try again so that I can speak with you on the phone? If you wish, you can post your questions here.

What is the sale date?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
30 days
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information.

You can file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy few days before the sale date to stop the foreclosure. Once filed, you need to give a Notice of Bankruptcy Case Filing to the law firm handing the foreclosure for the lender so the the foreclose can be stopped.

Chapter 13 is a wage earner's plan. This means that you must have income to fund the Chapter 13 plan. You must also meet the debt limits. Any individual, even if self-employed or operating an unincorporated business, is eligible for Chapter 13 relief as long as the individual's unsecured debts are less than $394,725 and secured debts are less than $1,184,200. These amounts are adjusted periodically to reflect changes in the consumer price index. A corporation or partnership may not be a chapter 13 debtor. If you have car loan and mortgage and want to keep those assets, you can make payments under the Chapter 13 plan for the arrearage. However, future payments on the car and house MUST be made directly to the lenders.

The filing fee is $310.00

You can use the following sites to find local Bankruptcy Attorneys:

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.