Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

The verdict of a Civil Lawsuit presided by The Honorable

Customer Question

The verdict of a Civil Lawsuit presided by The Honorable Judge John A. Murphy with an eight member Jury against State Farm Automobile Insurance Company of Michigan was in my favor. They were made my Primary Insurer for medical bills even over BC/BS which is now covering me as secondary Insurer only. State Farm is supposed to cover me for caregiving 24/7 the rest of my life at the same rate as they would pay the caregivers they hire for my choice of any family member or friend that should be the person giving me the around the clock attendance I need. They have been paying for my brain injury treatment and supplies needed for brain training, etc. and for acquired Generalized Torsion Dystonia. They paid for twelve of 15 surgeries that I believe are all MVA to the same accident but, somehow they don't see it as I do as they should pay for all the surgeries since this accident that occurred on 05/15/1987.
All this was litigated on 10/18/1987 and the Claim Representative that is taking care of the claim since this trial went to court is the same Representative who was the State Farm Defendant and the problem lies within
The State Farm Superior over Sue Edler has seen the file and she was removed from handling my Claim for refusing to accept the litigation on caregiving even though I have patiently jumped her hoops and repeatedly given her updated prescriptions for permanent 24/7 caregiving need from any new Neurologist or Psychiatrist or Family Primary Care Doctor that treats me. She always says she needs more documentation and won't leave the prescribing Doctors alone about their writing the order for me to have this care. The prescriptions are clear in and of themselves. The are just as the various doctors have written for the trial; i.e., TBI, with anterograde amnesia and severe sleep deprivation because of a moderately severe head injury from the collision as well as Generalized Torsion Dystonia from numerous peripheral injuries, Spinal and CNS injuries.
Since she was taken off my claim, approximately two months now, things shifted around until it is in the hands of a Claim Representative in Atlanta Georgia who is trying to carry on as if she is following what Sue Edler has on file rather than read the documents for what I am entitled to and need.
Worse, if I don't sign another one of the forms I had to sign for trial, and see another Doctor of their choice for an evaluation for them, with the stipulation they can use the information the obtain for deciding whether or not they will pay and/or how much they will pay. When Sue Edler tried this, The Honorable Judge sent me transcripts to get bills paid when Soe Edler was doing this stuff. The stopped payment on medical equipment for my colostomy today. They refused reimbursement on an updated mobile device , eye glasses for diplopia, sensitivity to light and optic atrophy from the Dystonia that also affect my vision. The brace just fit for my left foot because of left leg torsion in and the crippling effect caused from the disorder along with the Spasm and surgical effect on walking. And, of course, medical Doctors may be next as for my Psychiatric bill which may not be covered and future medicines that were covered are questionable at this time
I've written you before and was told I needed to find a Michigan litigation lawyer. The Lawyer who represented me for the Civil suit verified this. He doesn't handle litigation cases, but, if I'm awarded monetary gains from this and/or because of his work, he will be entitled to his amount as was in our contract. I will also be seeking damages and the twelve percent past due fees for almost four years of caregiving not paid for as was litigated. This Representative was so secretive of the actual verdict from the trial that nobody was aware it went to trial of those people I spoke with above her.......Until, now that she has been removed from handling my claim after one Authority read some of the information a Neuropsychologist wrote regarding the way she mishandled the claim and the problems it caused. We live in Tennessee after leaving our Arizona Home for my safety as The State of Arizona complied was necessary from documents received of Counselors and more
I NEED HELP FINDING A MICHIGAN LAWYER . THE PERVIOUS ONLINE EXPERIENCE SAID THAT HE WOULD DO THIS FOR ANOTHER $70- I think that was the fee, or close to it
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You would need the following sites to find Civil Litigation Attorney to assist you with the case. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Consumeradvocates.org

Interview at least three Attorneys and/or review their web sites to see which one will be a better match for you. You want to look for someone who is not too busy to handle your case; someone who will return your phone calls in a timely manner, and someone who will give you prompt updates on your case.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.