How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel-II Your Own Question
Samuel-II, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Practice of law for 20 years
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Samuel-II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter has a 2012 Toyota rav 4. we took it to a Toyota

Customer Question

my daughter has a 2012 Toyota rav 4. we took it to a Toyota dealer for a problem with its break light they told us that it was a faulty break accualtor ? and it would cost approx. 2800.00 to repair, after talking to the mgr we found that we had 100,000 mile powertrain warrenty still in effect, but that wasn't covered. then he said that it something else called a ? can't remember. is there anything we can do. something smells fishy.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel. I am sorry to hear of this matter. Under a Powertrain Warranty the following are covered under the Brakes- Master cylinder; vacuum or hydraulic brake booster assembly; hydraulic lines, hoses and fittings; brake pedal apply pin; seals and gaskets. (ABS COMPONENTS NOT COVERED.) And so if it was not one of the covered parts, then the warranty is not going to cover it. You can contact Toyota directly and give them all the information the dealer has provided and ask them if it should be covered. Here is a LINK for contacting Toyota.

Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.

You will want to know what Exactly the Dealership has told you about the problem. You want them to write it down so you can have it accurately to discuss with Toyota about what your warranty covers.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions