How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 56862
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a local elected official and have just had a petition

Customer Question

I am a local elected official and have just had a petition for recall started on me for what I believe there are no valid grounds.According to our law I must petition the county judge to review the grounds to see if there are any. I have no idea how to draft a petition and what I should include.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

First, you should consider retaining a local election lawyer to handle the response. If you proceed on your own, you would want to submit an affidavit in opposition contesting the grounds stated for the recall. I would focus on each ground and contest it with separate sections focusing on clear facts. Identify any deficiencies in petition as far as proof, motive and similar deficiencies. It would be sworn and notarized. You may want local counsel involved should you want it signed by counsel and also include a memo of law for added weight.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly rate me positively.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Quick reply
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

thank you. Kindly use the rating button to rate me positively. would be much appreciated.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

if not showing, replying with good or excellent, works too.