Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I received a refund that took a time to process. The refund

Customer Question

I received a refund that took a long time to process. The refund was credited to an account number that has now been changed to a chip card with a different card number. How can i get my refund credited? I thought it would credit to my paypal account balance.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You need to first contact the credit card issuer for the card where the refund was credited to. If it is the same company that has issued you the chip car it will not be a problem for them to transfer the credit balance OR issue you a check for the credited amount.

If you continue to have difficulty you can file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Board. This is the federal agency that regulates these issues:

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald