How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6423
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need some guidance with Maryland's foreclosure

Customer Question

I need some guidance with Maryland's foreclosure process.I've been in a constant battle with my HOA and they have now decided to foreclose on my house.I's so hard to understand the legal process when it's written in a different language. I have received paper work 'Order to Docket'. From reading up on Maryland foreclosure process, the next step is some form of mediation, or at least I believe that is what comes next.Will I receive a notice to request mediation, or will my house go straight to a court house sale?Thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Please note: (1) If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; and (2) I answer most questions within the hour. However, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and JA’s site disclaimers presented to you earlier.

Answer will follow in the pane below in a short while….

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Q. Will I receive a notice to request mediation, or will my house go straight to a court house sale?

1. Your lender is required to file either a preliminary or final loss mitigation affidavit with the Order to Docket. This is a statement that the lender has considered you for foreclosure alternatives and explain why the lender has been unable to consider you for any mitigation options.

2. Before a lender may proceed with scheduling a foreclosure sale, they must complete a final loss mitigation affidavit and submit it to the court. In addition, they must provide you with a copy of the affidavit and a mediation request form.

3. To request mediation, you must submit the mediation request form with the $50 filing fee within 25 days of when the final loss mitigation affidavit was mailed. The court will have the Office of Administrative Hearings schedule a mediation for approximately 30-60 days from when you request mediation.

4. If you do not request mediation, the lender may schedule a sale of the property for 30 days or later after the final loss mitigation affidavit has been filed.

5. If you do request mediation, the lender may not schedule a sale until after the mediation has been completed. If no agreement is reached in mediation, the lender can schedule the sale for 15 days after the mediation was held.

6. If your lender proceeds with scheduling a sale, they must place an advertisement including the date, time and location of the sale and a description of the property to be sold in the legal notices section of a local newspaper for three consecutive weeks in the area where the property is located.

7. You also must be given notice by certified and first class mail of the time, place, and terms of the pending foreclosure sale. This notice must be sent no later than 10 days prior to the scheduled sale date.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time and we can close out this question. Thank you.