KnowYourRights
KnowYourRights, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience protecting consumers against unfair, deceptive, or fraudulent advertising, marketing and financial practices.
9540344

Royal holiday timeshare cancellation, To look? Thinking

Customer Question

Royal holiday timeshare cancellation
JA: Have you thoroughly reviewed the contract?
Customer: To look for what?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Thinking about it now
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: We have already paid the entire loan off but have never used the program Now we just want out
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
JA: Cool.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  KnowYourRights replied 1 year ago.

How long have you owned this timeshare for? When have you never used it yet paid for it all this time? Just trying to get a little for insight

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5 years -- but it's impossible to use. Never available, etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we called them saying we want out but they say we still have to pay the annual fees

Thank you. You have a few options. The first, is to contact them Monday and see if they offer any type of release program for owners who are facing hardships and can not longer afford to keep the timeshare. Often times, they will release you if you pay a fee/penalty. If they say they do not, then you want to review your contract and see about transferring it to a third party. The resort may have a right of first refusal, where they can buy it back before you transfer it to a third party. You can find someone to buy it or just give it away and transfer for it that way. Finally, if all else fails, there are some law firms who handle releases/cancellations from timeshare but it could cost a few thousand dollars.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!