How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 33564
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I erroneously disputed favorable credit stories on my credit

Customer Question

I erroneously disputed favorable credit histories on my credit profile and were deleted by the credit bureaus resultin in my worst credit profile of " no scores" from all 3 credit bureaus. How can I have the credit bureaus put the favorable credit histories back that I erroneouly disputed to be deleted? Please help we are trying to refinace our mortgage from 6%.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Have you contacted the credit reporting agencies about the error? If yes, what did they say?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That they cannot put them back once disputed and deleted.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Typically, and by law, they only remove inaccurate or erroneous information. How did they end up removing accurate and correct information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I erroneously disputed them and had them deleted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I left my phone at home. Im using i pad.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the additional information. If the information deleted was done in error, and you have no objection to restoring the erroneously deleted information, there is no reason why they could not put the positive information back on your report.

If they refuse you can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

See the following link to file a complaint online:

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
According to credit bureaus they cannot restore credit history once disputed and affirmed by the creditors which in case were. When I called the creditors to restore info in question, they did not have to do so because they were part of a bankruptcy n way too old. Now we dont have any credit scores because of this boo boo on my part. I did not intend to get them deleted but only disputed missimg payments.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

If the information was erroneously removed and your credit report is no longer accurate then you will need to file a complaint with the FTC to have the erroneously deleted information restored.