How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 57372
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband was hospitalized recently. s company offers

Customer Question

My husband was hospitalized recently. His company offers healthcare under pan America which is a hospital indemnity that pays $75 for Er and $300 per day - does not cover major medical, Md, hospital tests, IV etc. from all we are seeing. To see if can get any help, they want our tax record. I am employed full time, have healthcare, etc. and do not want my social security number / income etc. as part of this. We are victims of obamacare with the policy he has at work. What can we do? How am I the spouse protected? We live in Virginia.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You are not personally liable. SS income cannot be touched. If the medical provider cannot collect, often it will write it off as uncollectible, but will want to confirm assets are not available in his name.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You did not answer my question. We do not have SS income. We both work full time. Obamacare had stabbed us. No one will write off or work with us until we give them my social security number and apply Medicaid. I am a nurse working full time. My husband works at hotel full time. The hotel insurance does not cover illness or hospital charges. That is obamacare for the working class.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You may offer to provide part of SS number or dob instead. some verification of identify is standard in negotiating claims.