How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 57373
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We were in Hawaii; offered free, served a bottle of

Customer Question

We were in Hawaii; offered free facials, served a bottle of champagne during the hour+ process. We were impressed with the cosmetics used. We asked the price....$15,000. I told my husband it was up to him. He hesitated and then said yes. I was given a form to sign that listed the products we were going to be shipped to our home in NV but it did not include a breakdown of each product's cost or the total amount. Plus, I did not receive a copy of form nor did my husband get a receipt for the $5,000 amount on his credit card. We flew back 3 days later & the products had yet to arrive. We realized we had been unduly influenced & decided to cancel our order. Luckily I did have the salesman's email & told him we were not in the position to take on this debt and that we would refuse the delivery. We refused the delivery 4 days later. That evening I received a response to my email with a copy of the form I signed which stated I could only exchange the products but not return. We have canceled the credit card and will put a claim in to deny payment. What laws protect us & what should we do as he said in his email that he would return the products to us & continue to charge our card the additional $10,000 (which exceeds the credit limit on my husband's card). This is not a joint credit card & I'm the only one who signed the form. Help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You may contest the charges as unreasonable, not authorized, resulting from misrepresentation and fraud.

You can contest with company and with credit card company. That process is called a chargeback.

If needed you can also involve a consumer protection lawyer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. You have confirmed my contention that the business practice of plying with liquor was unethical,etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We will remain firm. I will respond to his mail this intention as well as promise him Iwill follow up with correspondence to the corporation that produces the products as well as complaints to the BBB & Consumer Protection Agency. Thanks again.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

very welcome. Kindly rate me positively. Have a nice weekend.