Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I traded in a 2011 Harley Davidson motorcycle on a 2015

Customer Question
Harley Davidson and I don't...
i traded in a 2011 Harley Davidson motorcycle on a 2015 Harley Davidson and I don't like the new bike my old one was olot better riding and I told them the next day I wanted my old one back, they yold me I couldn't have it back isn't there someway I can get them to trade me back I don't like the new one
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/23/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of litigation experience and consumer protection experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

In state did this transaction occur?

Some states have a cooling period which would allow a return within a very short amount of time. Like one day.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
wisconsin

Good deal. Since the bike you bought was used, we cannot use the lemon law to get the original bike back.

The Wisconsin Consumer Act grants Wisconsin citizens the right to cancel certain consumer transactions within three business days. Consumer transactions are those purchases by individuals that are for personal, family or household purposes.

This provision applies to transactions valued in excess of $25.00 where the transaction was initiated by face-to-face solicitation away from the merchant’s regular place of business, or where the transaction is directed to the particular customer via conventional mail, electronic mail, or telephone solicitation. The right to cancel law covers transactions at fairs and trade shows as well.

So, if your purchase fits all of the categories listed above, since you notified them the next day, you do have the ability to cancel this transaction under Wisconsin's buyer's remorse law.

If you simply went to the dealership and traded, however, this law does not cover you and there is nothing you can do short of trading your new bike for your old bike, less any financial hit you will take in the process.

Let me know if you have any other questions and please rate my answer positively (Three or More stars) on the ratings bar on your end.

Thank you and best wishes!

Did you have any other questions or comments? I want you to be as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks

Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer