How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6867
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a plaintiff that lost a case i filed in small claims

Customer Question

I am a plaintiff that lost a case i filed in small claims court. I hired an independent contractor for my office accreditation and paid $5500. She never completed her contractual obligations. She stated because our construction took too long then she had the right to quit. Construction took 3 months and the contract has no deadline. She pretty much got $5500 for doing nothing. Small claims law says i can request a motion to vacate if there is mistake in the law. How can i write an appeal showing the judge's action was illegal?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to make an appeal as a plaintiff that lost the case saying the Defendant did not comply with the contractual obligations and the judges decision is illegal since it violated the contract law? The contract had no time line and no expiration. She just decided not to come back because construction took 3 months.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Please explain what you mean by your "office accreditation". What was the contractor supposed to do? Was there a written contract?