How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Iwant to know how to stop my Debit card from being used by

Customer Question

Iwant to know how to stop my Debit card from being used by the "Home Cash Code Program.
I just found out that it is a scam and I filled out the form to learn to work at home for this program.
Edythe ******** ************
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

Your best course of action is to contact your bank right away. They may be able to assist you in reversing some of these charges (some banks provide this protection to their customers, but not all - it is important to notify your bank right away and ask).

In most cases, your bank is going to want to cancel your debit card and issue you a new one (you should receive a new card in 1-3 days), it is a small inconvenience having to change numbers with your other non-fraudulent services, but it is the best way to protect your bank account from other charges (it is rare that these fraudulent charges limit themselves to just one service, so it is best to cancel the card).

I would also recommend reporting the fraudulent business to your State Attorney General's Office (you can do this on your state attorney general's website - do a search for "[YOUR STATE] Attorney General Consumer Complaint).

I would also recommend that you look into protecting your identity to prevent identity theft, review this FTC website for assistance with this:

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions