insearchoftheanswer
insearchoftheanswer, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing lawyer for 31 years
17027240

Problems with auto service centers doing job correctly, what

Customer Question

Problems with auto service centers doing job correctly , what should I do? Over torqued lug nuts, lug nuts missing , not installing ball joint protective boot correctly.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  insearchoftheanswer replied 1 year ago.

Hi David. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today! It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

What you want to do is raise the stakes on them. First, get an estimate from another service company of the cost to properly repair your car. Then, send the business that over torqued your lug nuts a certified, return receipt requested letter detailing the history, and demand they pay you what it will cost you to have another company make the repair since you no longer have confidence in them. Inform them that if they do not comply with your within a short specified period of time, you will have no choice but to file a suit for your damages. BUT, be sure to specifically mention that you will be filing this claim not only as a breach of contract case, but also as a gross negligence cause of action, which will entitle you not only to your damages, but also an additional amount equal to multiple times your actual damages as punitive damages. That should provide plenty of incentive to comply with your demands; but, if it does not, file your suit. Even if you have to file the suit, that's likely all you will need do. In my experience, they will settle this without a hearing rather than risk punitive damages and the judgment being on the record.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!