How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 57709
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got a loan from loan me for $135 interest . The loan was

Customer Question

I got a loan from loan me for $135 interest . The loan was for $3000 . The monthly payments was for $358 a month for 48 months. Practically a car note. I paid for a year realizing i
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: California 1974
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, don't know one
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I paid it off drawing money from my account. Something I didn't want to do. The bank didn't want to give me the loans even though I had an account. I just wanted to make monthly payments. Till the loan was paid off. In actuality . I paid almost3 times what the loan was worth. I would like to sue.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

are you asking if the loan is illegal? if something else let me know.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You can challenge the lender for improper charging of fees and interest and mishandling payments. You could also consider joining a class claim, or pursuing via the attorney general office.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Please rate me positively, and if I may clarify anything, just ask.