How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 117375
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

AT&T continues to overcharge me and mobile phone service. I

Customer Question

AT&T continues to overcharge me for Internet and mobile phone service. I have been in contact with them each of the past 4 months. They take in-house notes which promise to resolve the issue only to have my bill go higher each month.
May: $362.00 they took off $99.00 after another call to them.
June: $272.00 (haven't called yet).
I tried the PUC website, but too complicated.
Can someone please help?
Frances Sequeira (###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
AT&T has pretty much the worst customer service anywhere. Most times when I call I spend 2-3 hours on the phone and have a hard time getting anyone who speaks English that I can understand clearly. Other than the PUC, the other recourse you have against them if they will not permanently resolve this issue and stop the overcharging would be that you would be able to call the Attorney General's Office and file a complaint with their consumer protection unit for unfair and deceptive practices.
If the Attorney General cannot resolve the issue, your sole remaining option would be that you would need to sue them in small claims court, where no attorney is necessary, and seek to recover your damages from them for their continuous over billing and also you can seek up to triple damages for their unfair and deceptive practices for continuing to bill you for more than agreed upon even after receiving notice of the issue being their fault.