How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6850
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Judgement on credit report that I was not aware of : Nys,

Customer Question

Judgement on credit report that I was not aware of
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: Nys, just enter on 6/7, yesterday
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: All I saw on the report is kings county
JA: Is there anything else the Consumer Protection Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I assume is tax
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

​What is your legal question related to the situation you have described?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I just saw a judgement on my credit report today from Experian for $1026 from Kings County Court against me, I never received any summon and my credit score drop like almost 70 points. I would like to know what I should do, I am trying to get a mortgage
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights / legal options that might potentially apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is not what I was told before I pay, please cancel my payment, thank you