How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 42868
Experience:  30 years as Texas lawyer representing consumers
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Stevelehto I have a contract from a buyer in texas to

Customer Question

stevelehto I have a contract from a buyer in texas to purchase a vehical here in california. Half deposit with remainder of balance to be paid on pick up of vehical. He has paid more than half but, Its been over five months, the only thing is i don’t have a time agreed on for the reaminder of the balance to be paid. We have a bill of sale signed and noterized. Problem is, i sold the truck to another buyer. Last week and the original buyer has requested to pay the remainder of the agreed price and pick up the vehical. Is this a problem?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

I suggest you return his funds here.You tell him he breached the contract by not paying, you resold it and you are returning his balance.Since there was no time limit the best thing to do is refund the money and claim there was default.Here it is not really a problem if you claim he breached and terminate the arrangement based on his breach.I would strongly consider returning his half payment and closing it out this way since you cannot deliver the truck as it has been resold.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

There is no time agreement so I would try to resolve this matter by returning at least part of the funds.If you had to sell it for less maybe you keep what makes you whole here and refund the rest.

Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

And it is your option here about what amount to return or to return anything..