Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

Creditor and I are in a dispute over charges; a lawsuit has

Customer Question
been filed, yet I have...
Creditor and I are in a dispute over charges; a lawsuit has been filed, yet I have not been served. Even if this gets resolved will this filing be on my credit record and if so for how long?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/11/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Dimitry Esquire, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

If there is no judgment, then nothing is listed on your credit report. But if the creditor reported you, then it will remain on your record for 7 years from date of debt owed unless the creditor withdraws the report, or you are able to go to court and remove it (if you can prove that the report is false or fraudulent in nature, for example).

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What type of lawyer can I hire to help me dispute this?

You can retain a collections attorney. Most smaller firms do collections defense, which is the primary focus for you. Many such attorneys were at one point collections attorneys for the plaintiff so they are aware of both sides and can help you assist as far as negotiation or outright defense. To find such attorneys locally to you I would suggest browsing the listings at www.avvo.com as there you can search by fees, location, experience, and expertise, and evaluate past client and peer testimonials.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you so much!

You are most welcome, and glad to help! Please let me know if I can ever assist you again, as you can always request me directly by name. Otherwise, if satisfied, kindly do not forget to positively rate so that I can obtain credit for my work. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.

Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney