How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I moved from texas to seattle : nope : I have left my car

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I moved from texas to seattle
JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: nope
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have left my car with my relatives in texas and i need my car back to seattle. but they are not responding to my emails
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: i got the car 3 months back
JA: Is there anything else the Consumer Protection Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: its a used car
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

You say that you left your vehicle with your family members, but they are not responding to you.

This makes for a very difficult situation - law enforcement cannot assist you here as you voluntarily left the vehicle with them. This means you must pursue the matter in civil court.

So, if you cannot get your family to respond, you can sue them for "conversion" - the civil equivalent of theft, in civil court in Texas to get your car back.

Since you are not living in the state any longer, it is probably going to be more cost effective for you to retain a Texas Attorney to handle this (they may be able to convince your relatives to release the car without having to file suit).

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i take help with police to get my car back .so my friends can go and get the car from them with help of cops
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

No, law enforcement will not be able to assist you here. This is a civil matter, you allowed your family members to take possession of the vehicle.