How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 116707
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My credit report states that I did not pay my credit line of

Customer Question

My credit report states that I did not pay my credit line of $354. My bank Wells Fargo, stated it was double accounting when they purchase Wachovia. I tried to pay the $ 177. Wachovia states it cannot cash the cheque because the account was paid. yet the Credit bureau refuse to remove it from my credit report. I sent a ban letter stating thte amount is paid. The credit bureau called WF and the bank says I still owe the money. I want to buy a house, I need to have this issue resolved
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: I live in Tx I am searching for a lawyer
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I came online searching for a lawyer
JA: Is there anything else the Consumer Protection Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no. I want the 177 address
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your creditors are improperly reporting your credit and you have sent a letter demanding that they correct the improper report and they refused, actually under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you can sue them for your actual damages (including any lost loan) plus your attorney's fees and also file a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission. I would suggest you immediately get a local consumer protection attorney from the same sites used by other attorneys, or and pursue your suit against them. Additionally go to and report them for violating the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions