How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 33399
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is a special warrantee deed? And how would it protect

Customer Question

What is a special warrantee deed? And how would it protect me? And I'm assuming it's something to guarantee that the property is clear of all judgments. finally, should I draw up a document for them to sign to give me an out if I find out that there are outstanding liens or judgments?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Here is an article describing what the different types of deeds are:

However, you can add language into any of them with special exemptions, exceptions, etc.

If you can get them to sign off on paperwork that lets you out of the sale if there are any judgments, liens, clouds on the title, etc. then it would certainly be better for you. Be sure you get a local lawyer to draft your stuff, don't use a form site or try to do it yourself. Real estate paperwork is some of the cheapest work you can get done by a lawyer and it is well worth the investment.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions