Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I signed up classes n training with MTII through Harley

Customer Question

I signed up for motorcycle classes n training with MTII through Harley Davidson over the phone on 5/31 specifically telling the rep that I've never been on a bike and I want to make sure that this class would be for beginners. However, on 6/4 my first day for the weekend class, I found others there had previous experience and I felt that I didn't get the proper tutoring on the bike itself and was continually criticized on just about everything. The instructor didn't show me the respect nor the patience to train me and suggested I should leave n seek private lessons. However, since I was there about 4 hours total (3 in classroom n about 30 minutes on bike), I should get a refund-at least half if not full). They said no because we all signed forms in class negating that. Do I have a chance at getting refund?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good day. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

What did the contract state with regard to refunds?

How much instruction was to be provided under the contract?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought you were gonna answer my question and only be charged the $47 for it. What's with all this other stuff I'm being flooded with?? What is your answer to my question only? I'm 71 years old and you are confusing me with all these ads!
I WANT TO MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT CHARGE MY CARD FOR MORE THAN THE $47! IS THAT CLEAR?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

The value on your question shows $47. If you have questions about the fees charged by JA you need to contact customer care.

I am not an employee of JA.

Did you wish to continue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO! I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE LEGIT. I WAS WRONG!
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

I am prepared to work with you if you wish to continue. If not, I will opt out.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

I think I understand the problems you had with the motorcycle training program.

You can sue them in small claims court if the terms of the contract were breached (which may compel them to just refund the price of the class, rather than take the day off to spend defending the claim in court).

You can also file a consumer complaint with the Florida Attorney General's Office. They will investigate and take action, if the deem it appropriate.

You can file the consumer complaint online at the following link:

http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/Main/60FD9BD8FA71A5B185256CD1005EE5C5

Good luck. I hope it works out ok for you.