How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 33912
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I try my best in few words but it is a story.On last

Customer Question

I try my best in few words but it is a long history.On last october, i bought a car without warranty to someone who i was thinking was a dealer ,
but after 10 days, the engine was broken, he brought the car to his garage to repair it but he did not give me the estimation. after 1 month, he called me to give him his money,
then i refused because he did not give me the estimation then also he refused to sent me the receipt about mecanic during around 2 months, then the discussion about that began.
In january 2015,i complainted to north carolina attorney but i did not received the best response , they said that they was not able to resolve this matter because the car was sell without warranty,
then in april 2015, i complained to north carolina division motor vehicule because i discovered he gave me fault documents which i
brought to NCDMV (north carolina division motor vehicule), then after their investigation, they complainted against this person who sold me the car because the said
it made the fraud, the problem went to the judgement but last weed i received the conclusion of the tribunal: insufficient evidence. Now the mecanic filled up
the complaint to North carolina division of motor vehicules about storage and his is asking his money.
Then, on May, 21st, i received from this person a small claim action commenced against me in charlotte, NC on june 17th 2016 at 10 AM, then i received again on the second time today (June 5th 2016) the same assessment from the police officer.
the police officer after giving the claim to my wife today and he said to her , i have to call the complaint.
For this problem, i am looking for a attorney who can assist me but it is not easy.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

We don't actually represent people in their issues, the website specifically prohibits that.

What we do, as the click throughs explain, is provide information on legal topics.

Did you have a specific question or were you wanting to hire an attorney, in which case I can opt out and ask the website to issue you a refund?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am wanting to hire an attorney, is it possible for you to give me one can assist me in charlotte,NC ?
Best regards
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

We can't give specific referrals but I can tell you where to go to find one and what can you need, will that help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please can you tell me where to go to find one and what can i need ?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.


You want to go to that is the best listing place online. When you are at the website it will allow you to search for lawyers in your location. In addition, that website allows you to chose a specific area of the law in which the lawyers practice. Under your facts, in the Area of Practice section you would want to enter "Civil Litigation" or "Consumer Law". Either of those types of lawyers will have the skill set you need. You should get a list and then you can start contacting the people on the list. It's been my experience that some things you should watch for are:

1) Small law offices are often cheaper than larger ones (there's no need to spend any more than you have to but you definitely want quality); and

2) Look for the lawyers who advertise that they belong to groups like the American Trial Lawyers Association, NC Trial Lawyers Association, etc. Membership in those types of groups are voluntary and it usually means the lawyer takes their craft seriously and wants access to the additional resources and education those provide.