How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 31733
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently lost my husband. He was and on Medicare (part A

Customer Question

I recently lost my husband. He was 69 and on Medicare (part A and B) and Humana. His clinic has billed Humana but NOT Medicare. They claim he did not have Medicare. I sent them a copy of his card and stated I was disputing this bill. In speaking with Medicare they have indeed NOT billed them. What can I do to stop them from sending this to collections?
They want $400 per month, I am on Social Security and cannot afford that. I have made payments, however, now they have sent me another statement that I owe $800 this month. I feel like I am being harassed. Is there anything I can do to get them to charge Medicare?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If the provider will not submit a claim voluntarily, you can file a Medicare claim yourself as a last resort. You could submit a Patient’s Request for Medicare Payment form to your Medicare carrier. You must send bills or receipts for the service along with the form. Claims submitted in this way may take much longer to process than they would if they were submitted by your provider.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

The biggest problem may be that his provider does not want to wait for the claim to be processed and it wants to be paid posthaste. If that is the case, you may have to hold them off as long as you can.....or try to arrange a payment schedule you can afford until the Medicare payment comes in.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions