How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 41002
Experience:  30 years as Texas lawyer representing consumers
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I relocated abroad about a year ago, after having a credit

Customer Question

I relocated abroad about a year ago, after having a credit card debt of about 20K and I would like to come visit my little one in NJ, what am I to expect once back to the US ( New Jersey) in ref. to my credit cards debt/
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight. You may have a judgment in your state but thats about it.No one would stop you at customs or be able to collect anything. You should not expect anything out of the ordinary if you are visiting.If you are going to relocate the creditors may find you and start harassing you.If you have bank account here in NJ they can garnish it so be careful about that.If you work they can garnish your wages. These would be the things that would come up if you are going to stay long term and work or bank in the US.If you are just visiting you will not notice anything different short term. I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions