How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 37040
Experience:  Attorney,16 years experience in consumer protection areas
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My home has been foreclosed and is being sold on June 7. How

Customer Question

My home has been foreclosed and is being sold on June 7. How long before I need to get out of my house.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..I am sorry to hear you are going through this situation, but this information should help you plan your move...After the foreclosure sale has occurred and the deed has transferred ownership written notice has to be given to the residents of the home before any eviction can begin. The legal requirement is for the person filing the eviction to wait at least three days after notice is given to the resident before filing the suit and then the suit must be filed in the county where the property is located. .Once the suit has been filed, a Constable will serve the residents with papers notifying them that they are being evicted and the tenant or resident has a set period of time, usually less than a week, to respond. The court hearing will be held at the Justice of the Peace office and the new owner only has to prove that he/she has rights to the property..If the residents still refuse to move, the judge may issue a Writ of Possession. The sheriff or constable will then post a notice that residents have twenty-four hours to vacate the property. After the twenty-four hours, the law officer will physically evict the residents by removing their belongings and turning the property over to the owner. If the weather is poor, personal belongings may not be placed outside, but usually law officers will wait until a suitable time to evict residents...thanksBarrister

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions