How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 16630
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to contact National Collegiate Trust. Do you

Customer Question

I am trying to contact National Collegiate Trust. Do you have phone number?
JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I cannot find one locally who defends these cases. I have looked on line but found no law firms in Kentucky.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I cosigned my daughter's student loan and not with this company. Back in 2010, I was contacted by AES and set up a payment plan deducted from my bak account but they just stopped after a few months and I never heard from them until this company sued me.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Consumer Protection Lawyer should know?
Customer: I am willing to work out some payment plan with them but I cannot come up with any lump sum. My husband has dementia and is in a nursing home and it takes all of his pension,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation. Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, asthis services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice/legal service you should contact a local attorney.Have you been served with the lawsuit documents?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now I have a huge list of questions to answer
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your follow up.Was the lawsuit just filed?Do you have contact information for the attorneys who represent National Collegiate Trust?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are in ohio
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your follow up.Have you attempted to contact attorneys for the loan company that has sued you, in an attempt to negotiate a settlement?What is the total amount of the delinquent debt?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, a friend of mine who is an attorney said to contact the lender directly and see if they would rehab the loan
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your follow up.Is this a private student loan?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was originally for 15,00 and is now over 20,00o plus 5,000 interest
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your follow up.Unfortunately, National Collegiate Trust, is simply a name of a trust under which the debt is held and as such, will always be represented by a loan servicing company or an attorney.Generally, once the lawsuit is filed, the debt would be taken out of the loan servicing company portfolio and placed with the litigation attorneys and the only way to negotiate some type of a settlement and/or payment plan, would be with the attorneys who are currently representing the Trust and pursuing a lawsuit.I wish you the best of luck!
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.