How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 2130
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I won a court judgement. the person hasnt paid me but

Customer Question

i won a court judgement. the person hasnt paid me but according to some mutual peoe we both know, it has been said she received inheritance. can i take her back to court and file to get her to pay? garnishment? or am i just stuck?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
you can file a motion to enforce the judgement and ask the court to put a lien on any accounts or property or order a wage garnishment. You file in the court that granted the original judgment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you. this person is known for lying, so i doubt the inheritance is real. but from what i gather, inheritance is public record
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
Well if it was probated and was awarded to them then it would be public record, but if it was not done through the court then it would not necessarily be part of the public record.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions