How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 31733
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just got a call from a Richard J Thomas saying that my

Customer Question

Hi I just got a call from a Richard J Thomas saying that my number was pulled from a raffle that I have no idea about. So he would like me to send a $ 300 money gram to a Howard Thomas in Bronx NY
JA: OK. The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Consumer Protection Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Consumer Protection Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Yes I have 2 more that have been bothering me. A Mr. ***** ***** from Jamaica and a Mr. James Maxy from Las Vegas.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi -my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
This is likely a scam if you didn't enter into any raffle. The best thing you can do is discontinue any communications with these people as they're likely trying to obtain information about your checking account or your credit card information.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Before you do anything further, you should contact your state attorney general's consumer protection office, report the call and information, and let them investigate the matter. If this is a scheme, they'll likely be aware of it.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions