How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6799
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Barrister,Thank you me excellent advice back

Customer Question

Hi Barrister,Thank you for giving me excellent advice back on March 14. My wife and I went to Small Claims court and were successful in getting our neighbor's invoice dismissed.I now need your help on 2 separate matters. The first involves helping me draft a Bill of Particulars for a claim that I have against a commercial landlord in Middleburg who backed out of a verbal agreement to lease a restaurant space to me, causing me to incur financial losses.The second matter relates to a landscape firm that performed some tree work on at my house, but left before completing the job. I made the mistake of paying the full agreed amount of $7,000 before the job was completed. To make matters worse, the landscape company claims I owe them more money than was agreed in our contract and is threatening to file a lien on my property and to send the invoice to collections.I want to be proactive and sue the landscape company in Small Claims for the amount of money that it's going to cost me to hire someone else to complete the job they were supposed to do. I already got one independent estimate for $3,000 and I'm getting another one today. I need your advice on what do in respect to Small Claims court. I know that I need to file a Warrant in Debt for $3,000, but I'm not sure how to deal with the separate but related matter of getting his spurious invoice for $2,225 dismissed. Do I list that somehow on the Warrant in Debt somehow too?Please let me know how much you will charge to help me prepare the Bill of Particulars (consisting of 2 items only: an engagement letter from a law firm for the chef's visa for $4,000 and an international airfare for the chef to travel to Middleburg from Italy for $900 to inspect the restaurant) and also how much you will charge to advise me on how to file my claim against the landscape company.I can provide more detailed information after you accept the job and I remit payment.Thanks!Atticus
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,.I am afraid that there may be some confusion about the scope of services that I as an expert on the site can provide. I am limited to answering questions and providing legal information, but am not able to represent customers or engage in an attorney client relationship with them under my agreement with JustAnswer..The services you are needing help with would cross over the line into legal representation so you will have to retain a local civil litigation attorney to assist with those if you don't feel comfortable pursuing the matter in small claims court without counsel..I am sorry that I couldn't be of more assistance, but I don't want to cross over any boundaries that would get me in trouble with JustAnswer or my state Bar. .I will opt out and open the question to other experts who might be able to assist you more than I can....thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Barister,Thanks for your reply. I will let you know if I have any other questions.Thanks

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions