Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

How to find proof of this win?.. JA: The Consumer Protection

Customer Question
How to find proof of...
How to find proof of this win?..
JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: Will consumer protection proved his or her nam?
JA: OK. The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Since I have no proof other than a call from a gentleman claiming to be with consumer protection agency I have gone no further . I no order to collect these funds, now in an account at the world Bank group, I must submit a registration and declaration fee.
JA: Is there anything else the Consumer Protection Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: These funds were a prize I won and awarded by the American sweepstakes, never claimed and held since sometime in 2015.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
5/17/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Loren, Lawyer
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and former asst prosecutor, and I look forward to assisting you. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get. As you know, something which is too good to be true is, generally, not. Also, I am sure you suspect this is one of those times. Unfortunately, I am absolutely sure that there is no prize waiting for you from these people.This is positively a scam. It is known as an "Advance Fee Scam".Just remember:1. You can not win a sweepstakes or lottery you did not enter.2. No legitimate sweepstakes asks winners to pay upfront to release the winnings.3. If they were genuinely holding money belonging to you should be able to tell them to just deduct the taxes, insurance, courier fee (all red flags, by the way) and send you a net check. Do not send any money or otherwise respond. They are trying to steal from you.Here is an online warning from the FTC:http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/youarehere/pages/pdf/FTC-Fraud-Scams-The-Winner-Is.pdf
I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.
Are you online with me?
Loren, Lawyer