How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 37399
Experience:  Attorney,16 years experience in consumer protection areas
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I an agreement stating the defendant must pay me $2400.00 a

Customer Question

I an agreement stating the defendant must pay me $2400.00 a month on a 299,000.00 loan. He is now in default and I want to sue him to get my funds. total of 178,000.00 is left unpaid The agreement was signed in New Jersey and I now live in Arizona.Can I sue him from Arizona and if so where should the complaint be filed. The defendant lives in Conneticut
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..If the defendant now lives in CT, that is where you would have to sue him in order to get personal jurisdiction over him to force him to come to court and defend. AZ has no legal jurisdiction over him so you can't sue him there and since neither of you is in NJ, then the eliminates that as a venue..But you can sue him from AZ, you would just need to contact a local CT attorney to represent you and draft up the summons and complaint to file it in court on your behalf. You would eventually have to go to CT to prepare for and actually have a trial if it ever got that far and he still didn't pay you once he was served with a summons for the lawsuit...thanksBarrister