How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Albert Marmero Your Own Question
Albert Marmero
Albert Marmero,
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 197
Experience:  Partner at Long, Marmero, & Associates, LLP
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Albert Marmero is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We live in a condominum association ,and have a trash bean

Customer Question

We live in a condominum association ,and have a trash bean that's commercial ,my mother is 84 and she cant reach it ,the association won't change it what canI do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Albert Marmero replied 1 year ago.
I'm an attorney who specializes in this field. I represent several condominium associations and I serve on the Board of the Association where I live. I have seen this situation come up several times and in the Association where I live, we just switched dumpsters because someone could not reach their opening.However, unfortunately, there is not much you can do to legally force action. My advice would be to make the Board aware of the situation but it sounds like you already did that. If you have not done so, make sure the Board is aware. If they refuse to make the change, I would advise you to send a letter to the Board demanding they make a change otherwise you will commence litigation. Now, this doesn't mean you have to sue them, but sometimes the threat can be enough to make them change. And you definitely don't want to sue, because I'm unaware of any legal reason which would force them to change.I hope this was helpful, even if it might not be the answer you were seeking. If so, please provide a rating so I receive credit for responding to you. Also, feel free to ask follow-up questions. Thanks!!

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions