Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I have a Mike Lowery from Prudential Insurance Company that

Customer Question

i have a Mike Lowery from Prudential Insurance Company that says they have insured my winnings from American Sweepstakes and that i have to pay them 2400.00 before he can deliver. the agent at american sweepstakes company's name is***** the agent that i am to call now is ***** *****on. do you know if these names are legit???
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. There is no such thing as Prudential Insurance insuring any winnings. A call to the real prudential insurance company would reveal there is no such insurance. Furthermore, when someone wins any prize, any fees or taxes due are taken from the winnings and are not paid in advance (regardless of the excuses these scam artists may try to give you). This situation you are describing is called an advance fee scam and there are no winnings.As far as names of people, they make up names and nobody is who they say they are and they use prepaid cell phones so they are not traceable. Do not pay them anything. The names are ***** ***** connected to any legitimate sweepstakes company we can find.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I will send you an offer for premium service as required by the site.