How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris T. JD Your Own Question
Chris T. JD
Chris T. JD, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 4829
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their landlord-tenant legal issues.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Chris T. JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was involved in an accident when I pulled my car out of the

Customer Question

I was involved in an accident when I pulled my car out of the garage and hit my son's car parked behind me. It did not seem like much damage. He was unable to take it to a body shop for 45 days and then got an estimate for $1500. Will it be a problem with dmv if the accident is reported now, as it was not clear that the property damage was this high initially.
JA: Estate law can seem daunting, but getting accurate information now can save you headaches down the road. The attorneys we work with have a lot of experience, and I'd like to match you with the one who's the best fit. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: this involved traffic and vehicle laws
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no- just what I typed- although it appears that your web page had the exact same question as I asked
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Chris T. JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.Was this accident on your private property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you receive my answer to your question? are you answering?
Expert:  Chris T. JD replied 1 year ago.
OK. In that case, it is not a concern for the DMV. You only get points on your license for traffic tickets, and the like. In this case, you backed into a car on private property, which is not a crime and could not result in a ticket. As such, there is no need to report this to the DMV.
Expert:  Chris T. JD replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any questions? If so, feel free to ask. If not, please remember to "rate" my answer before you go.