Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

After many years of struggle with my ban, they finally

Customer Question
Hello, After many years of struggle...
After many years of struggle with my ban, they finally agreed to modify my loan. But they have stopped the process because I have liens on my property and they will not continue with the modification unless the title on my property is cleared. I had a number of credit cards from chase for which I received a letter saying that because of some agreement with the U S consumer Financial Protection Bureau they have stopped all collection efforts. I contacted them and they agreed to Clear the Lien on my property for the judgement they had. But the account for one of the cards (from chase) was sold to another company for which has placed another lien on my property and the lawyer is nowhere to be found. It's for a large amount and I want to know if you can help with the company to get them to remove the lien and clear the title. As well I have a few more that need to be settled. I need help and fast please advise. thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the bank says they will indemnify up to 20K What does that mean? I have about 55K for which 18000 is the chase CC
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/11/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Maverick, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….
It's for a large amount and I want to know if you can help with the company to get them to remove the lien and clear the title. 1. I am not able to do this for you but I may be able to show you the step of how to do it yourself. Did you still want to continue? the bank says they will indemnify up to 20K What does that mean? I have about 55K for which 18000 is the chase CC 2. Indemnify means to guarantee against any loss which another person might suffer; but without more info from you, I am not able to put this into context of your circumstances.
1. But the account for one of the cards (from chase) was sold to another company for which has placed another lien on my property and the lawyer is nowhere to be found. It's for a large amount and I want to know if you can help with the company to get them to remove the lien and clear the title. Is your only defense to this lien is that the lawyer cannot be located? If not, what other defenses do you have?Do you have an address for the company and have you tried to negotiate?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that's my only defense.
I have not tried to negotiate. What are my chances of negotiation since they already have their money secured?
thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have an address and they are in business.
Q. I want to know if you can help with the company to get them to remove the lien and clear the title. There really is not much that can be done under the facts that you have stated. You can try to negotiate with them and ask Chase and the other credit card companies if they would be willing to subordinate their liens to the lien that you mortgage banker will put on if it agrees to modify the loan on the grounds that if Chase does not agree to do so, the house will get foreclosed and they will get nothing once the bank get paid off. But, if they do agree to subordinate their liens, then there is at least a chance that you will be able to keep the house, continue with lower monthly payments, and down the road, when you sell, if there is enough equity built, they will get paid as well.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you very much
Sure.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No more questions.
Thank you very much for your input.
Your welcome.
Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer