How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 31685
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I gave a lawyer 1900 to represent me in a file 11 case in January

Customer Question

I gave a lawyer 1900 to represent me in a file 11 case in January and to date he has not taken this case to court what should i do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Are you referring to a chapter 11 bankruptcy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chapter 11
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information. The best course of action is usually to first go to the lawyer and try to talk about any issues and then get the case filed. If that doesn't work, the next option would be to demand a return of your money and seek a new lawyer to help you with this. If the lawyer will not return your money, then you may have to file a bar complaint against him to get anything accomplished.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hopefully, a consult with your lawyer will result in him moving on your case and getting the petition filed.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions