Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I'm playing game called COK (clash of kings). the game management

Customer Question

hi i'm playing game called COK (clash of kings). the game management had something called prestige badges removed from the store, these prestige badges are being used to upgrade your castle and power. The've removed it and gave advantage to those who already bought it.
JA: OK. The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: can i sue them for that
JA: Is there anything else the Consumer Protection Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I've contacted one friend in NY regarding this and he's looking into it. I just wanted to ask if there is a quick action can be done
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please get back to me.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This is a problem with all of these online games, many of them are scams and ripoffs, but if you read their terms they reserve the right to make changes in the game. This means that if they charge people for game items, they can later take them away and people have no recourse. They sucker people to pay money to play their game and then remove things people pay for and it does not just happen in this game you mentioned it happens in numerous other games too.
Your first step is to locate where the management of the game is located, because that is where you have to sue them and also if they are in the US that is where you have to file a complaint with the State Attorney General against them for unfair and deceptive practices. As far as suing them, the only way a suit would succeed, because of legal costs, would be if you could get enough people together to pay the attorney to file as a class action. Otherwise, your recourse is filing your complaint to the attorney general and BBB against these game owners.