How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 7307
Experience:  Attorney 40 plus years private practice. Real Estate, Wills, Trusts, Injury claims. Still active.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know whether to go ahead with filing a

Customer Question

I would like to know whether to go ahead with filing a lawsuit against my phone company.
they released my business phone number to my current competitor, who ported it out & took it for themselves. The phone company admits that they were aware that she was NOT the account holder, nor authorized to make changes to the account.
I appreciate your advice.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
It's very possible that you could bring suit for breach of contract against your phone company. Not having read those contracts it's difficult to say. It would also have to prove financial loss. The phone coming would have a difficult time explaining what they did to a judge or jury and I like your chances of winning the case.Please don't forget to enter a rating by clicking on one of the five boxes at the top of this reply. We are not employees of Just Answer, and only receive credit for assisting you when the rating is positive. AND THANKS FOR USING JUST ANSWER.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions